Reference no: EM131118481
Your local art museum has asked you to design a gallery dedicated to works of art from one of the following movements:
Using your outline from Week Four as reference, select one movement for the design of your gallery.
You will use Prezi to design your gallery. This program allows you to design your gallery as if you were guiding a visitor to each work of art. You may draw from resources in the textbook, the CourseMate Bonus Images, or digital image resources found in Week One that incorporate the characteristics significant of your chosen movement and time period. You may also choose to reflect back on your weekly art journal entries for any works of art relevant to this movement.
Registering to use Prezi is free, and it is highly recommended that you sign up as soon as possible and review the "Learning Prezi is easy" page and the various ways you can design your journal. You can review the Prezi's "Manual/FAQ" page for detailed information on using the application.
In your Prezi, include the following:
1. A title page/slide which includes the name of your gallery, your name, the course, your instructor's name, and the date submitted.
2. A brief introduction to your gallery, which includes a description of the movement and the time period to which your gallery is dedicated.
3. Six images of works of art that incorporate the characteristics significant to movement and time period. Along with each image of a work of art, include the citation for the work of art. A summary of how the media (materials), methods, and subject are significant to that time period and region, using appropriate art terminology.
4. A summary of how iconographic, historical, political, philosophical, religious, and social factors of the movement are reflected in the work of art.
5. A references page/slide. You must include at least three scholarly sources in addition to the image references. The ProQuest and Credo Reference databases in the Ashford Online Library are helpful sources of information, as are the museum resources provided in Week One. To locate ProQuest and Credo Reference, visit the Ashford Online Library through the tab on the left navigation toolbar and select "Databases by Subject" and then "Visual and Performing Arts."
Cite your sources according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, located within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Submit a Word document with your name and the URL to your art journal. Test the URL to ensure that it is accurate and working prior to submitting the Word document.
NOTE TO ASSIGNMENT WRITER: If you cant do the prezi presentation you can do the assignment in word and I will put it in a prezi presentation just let me know which way you will do it so I can be prepared to transform it. Let me know if you need the outline you did uploaded to yo again for reference.