Reference no: EM13876898
15 written pages in length (workflow, screenshots, and graphics can be included for clarity - counted separately from the 15 pages)
Create a company and choose a product. Use the SDLC to define an ES system that integrates TWO of the following process for this product:
1) Procurement process (Chapter 3 - Essentials of Business Processes and Info system)
2) Fulfillment process (Chapter 4 - Essentials of Business Processes and Info system)
3) Production process (Chapter 5 - Essentials of Business Processes and Info system)
The paper should discuss all aspects of the SDLC (from a functional point of view)
• The investigation/analysis/design describe the steps in a fully integrated end-to-end process.
• The design uses chapter 1-5 from the Technology Guide to discuss options for Hardware, Software, Clouds, Intelligent systems, etc.
• The final steps within the SDLC should include supports for an end-to-end process.
Team Paper outline
During this phase, the user identifies the information system and nature of the work that must be done for the information system. The work to be done usually is expressed as a problem statement that is a definition of the deficiencies in the information system or of the improvements desired.
Required to understand and document the user's needs for the system. Documents in detail the scope, business objectives and requirements of the system. Emphasizes what the system is to do.
Includes analysis of what data need to be created/replicated
In this step, the team identified above works with the current and future system users to define and model the current business processes in detail.
Flow-charting and workflows are common tools used in this step of the SDLC
This information is then analyzed and a model is devised for the new system that meets the needs of the business.
Describes how the proposed system is to be built to satisfy the requirements from the analysis section. Designs for all required information system outputs, files, inputs, application software programs, and manual procedures are identified.
In this step, specific technical designs are created to the smallest detail.The design is specific to the technical requirements the system.
Describes movement of data between operational databases
Limited in scope