Reference no: EM13810812
1. What is the main idea or issue of focus in your news articles? Remember to incorporate at least 5 related to themes of the course.
2. Is any background history provided to establish or inform the political, economic, social and or historical context?
3. How might nationalism, identity, the impact of imperialism or colonialism, as well as the post-Cold war period inform the "politics" of the conflict?
4. Describe the way the issue is framed. Are there particular words or clauses that you find compelling in the language used to describe ethno-political, religious or ethno-nationalist conflicts?
5. How are claims supported with evidence?
6. Consider the usage of visual imagery and determine how representations accurate or otherwise become apparent.
7. How did your perceptions change/or were they reinforced? Describe how.
8. Please note that these guidelines apply to articles, visual media (documentaries/film) or textual references that you use for your journal report/project.
9. Your assignment should be between 5 and 7 pages and remember to include a bibliography.
10. Your journal report is due in class, on June 6th and be sure to re-read the description of the purpose and objectives of the journal report in the syllabus.