Reference no: EM13731647
Assignment: Innovation from Google's Free Food Strategy
Google is widely known for its workplace creativity and innovation within the technology field. Its search engine is the most extensively used search tool in the world, its data analytics are revolutionary, and it continues to raise the bar for innovation and design with Google Glass, smart watches, and mobile phones. Google has been featured in dozens of technology and business magazines.
Additionally, Fortune Magazine's list of the "Best Companies to Work For 2014" has ranked Google number one (#1). This ranking is largely due to employee benefits such as free meals, dry cleaning services, video games, massage therapy, in-door gyms, shuttle services, and affordable daycare services for employees.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Briefly describe Google, its mission, and its business model.
2. Analyze the types of people that work at Google, with respect to the business culture of the organization. Indicate one to two (1-2) qualities that define a leader at Google, and determine the typical background of a Google employee.
3. Identify two (2) examples of services or amenities that Google provides to its employees, interns, partners, and visitors. Next, examine two to three (2-3) ways in which such free services and amenities create an organizational culture that fosters creativity and innovation. Note: In the context of business, "creativity" means having the ability to conceive something new and original, including ideas, imagination, and things that are outside of the box. "Innovation" is the implementation and execution of something new, including products, technology, services, and business models.
4. Discuss Google's organizational culture, and determine whether or not you would prefer to work in this type of environment. Indicate whether or not Google's company culture would help you to perform your tasks with a greater degree of creativity and innovation. Provide a rationale for your response.
5. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.