Reference no: EM132234155
Assignment 2: Telecommuting and the Mobile Worker
The number of American telecommuters is expected to increase by 29 million telecommuters or 43% of the workforce by 2016 as more work gets performed from remote locations. Mobile workers can work from wherever they are and use the IT / IS technology necessary to access co-workers, company or corporate infrastructure, intranets, and other information sources.
Write a two to three page paper in which you:
1. Describe the impact of telecommuting on energy conservation, IT operational costs, "green computing," and shifts in telecommuters' lifestyles (e.g., parents, disability, etc.).
2. Describe how the business infrastructure should be designed so that employees will be able to continue to perform business functions in the event of a disaster (i.e., storm, hurricane, or earthquake) that destroys or makes it impossible to access the buildings.
3. Determine four advantages and four disadvantages of telecommuting from an IT manager's point of view. Elaborate on each advantage and disadvantage.
4. Examine the effect of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to the IT infrastructure with regard to security, IT support, knowledge, and data management, green computing, and telecommuting.
5. Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Demonstrate and plan for the integration of emerging technologies.
• Describe and evaluate the core concepts of data and information architecture.
• Design plans for business continuity.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in enterprise architecture.
• Write clearly and concisely about enterprise architecture topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.