Reference no: EM131359254
Supervisions and Leadership
Part A: answer each of the following questions in one or two paragraphs.
1. Describe the contingency theory of leadership. Explain how this theory has been criticized.
2. Explain how the situational approach to leadership works. List three of its strengths.
Part B: Answer each of the following questions in one four sentences. Each answer is worth 5 points.
1. List the five principles of ethical leadership?
2. What was the main purpose of the globe project?
3. How does the situational approach to leadership work?
4. Define Transformational leadership.
5. How does the skills approach to leadership work?
6. Lists the three components of the leadership labyrinth.
7. What are the five major leadership traits?
8. Define the concept of leadership.
1. Why do most hospital calculate the LOS and ALOS separately for newborns?
2. Are the terms total length of stay and inpatient services days interchangeable? Why or Why not?
3. The HIM department in your hospital has three full-time transcriptionists:
• Transcriptionist A earns $ 10.00 per hour and produces 1,200 lines of transcription per day.
• Transcriptionist B earns $ 9.50 per hour and produces 1,000 lines of transcription per day.
• Transcriptionist C earns $8.00 per hour and produces 865 lines of transcription per day.
What is the total unit cost per year for all three transcriptionists?
Part B: Answer each of the following questions and show all calculations. Each answer is worth 4 points.
1. Why might you use return on investment (ROI) calculations instead of payback period calculations?
2. Calculate the bed occupancy ratio for October based on the following information:
Inpatient services days for October: 1,439
Number of inpatient beds during period of October 1-15: 50
Number of inpatient beds during period of October 16-31: 65
Round your answer to one decimal point.
3. Calculate the total cost per record request for the month of July based on the following information from the release of information department:
Average number for requests: 534
Equipment and supplies: $ 833
4. Community Hospital experiences approximately 2,200 outpatient encounters each week. How many full-time outpatient coders are needed to keep up with the goal of coding 225 outpatient records per day?
5. Community Hospital discharged 25 patients from the ICU during the week of November 1. Of these patients, 23 were discharged, 2 died, and 3 acquired a nosocomial infection. What the nosocomial infection rate the ICU foe the first week in November?
6. Why is it necessary to adjust hospital autopsy rates?
7. Amanda codes 325 records in an 80-hour work period. After an audit, you realize that only 225 of those records were coded accurately. What is Amanda's average work output per hour?
8. Based on the information in question 7, what is Amanda's completed work per hour worked?
9. Based on the information in Question 7, what is Amanda's completed work percentage?
10. Calculate the average daily census for all inpatients based on the following information:
Inpatient services days for the week of April 1-7: 1,629
Inpatient service day's newborns for the week of April 1-7: 119