Reference no: EM131356161
Assignment: Discussion-The Advantages and Disadvantages of Free Trade
Many Americans feel that their jobs at home should be protected and that free trade should be limited. However, global competition and less expensive imports keep prices under control and reduce inflation. In this assignment, you will be researching and discussing the pros and cons of free trade.
Free trade is best defined as a system in which goods, capital, and labor flow freely between nations, without barriers, that could hinder the trade process.
Use your module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet to research the arguments for and against free trade. Then, respond to the following:
• Describe the advantages and disadvantages of free trade. (Consider specific examples of agreements such as the Trans-Pacific Partnership or TPP.)
• Explain if free trade can ever be fair. Justify your response.
• Explain the measures that a country can take to protect itself from the negative aspects of free trade.
Post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Review and comment on at least two peers' responses.
Write your initial response in 300-500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
• Read your peers' answers.
• Provide substantive comments by
o contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
o building on the remarks or questions of others; or
o sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
• Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
• Make sure your writing
o is clear, concise, and organized;
o demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
o displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.