Reference no: EM131419668
Assignment: Dismissal Meeting
Imagine that you are an office manager and you have been tasked with the job of coordinating and heading the dismissal meeting for an employee layoff.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Propose three (3) ways that a manager can cope with any negative emotions that may accompany an employee layoff.
2. Describe a step-by-step process of conducting the dismissal meeting.
3. Determine the compensation that the fictitious company may provide to the separated employee.
4. Using Microsoft Word or an equivalent such as OpenOffice, create a chart that depicts the timeline of the disbursement of the compensation.
5. Predict three (3) ways that this layoff may affect the company.
6. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Formulate HRM strategies and policies to recruit, select, place, and retain the most efficient and effective workforce.
- Develop effective talent management strategies to recruit and select employees.
- Design processes to manage employee performance, retention, and separation.
- Analyze laws governing employment and how organizations can ensure ethical practices.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic human resource development.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic human resource development using proper writing mechanics.