Reference no: EM132191301
Question: Write a 3 page evidence-based resourcing plan for one component of the Heart Failure Clinic.
It is important for the nurse leader to have not only a basic understanding of the budget process, but to understand how to work with variances in staffing, patient loads, and supply costs in order to meet the needs of the patients, without compromising the funding process of the clinic.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
1. Competency 3: Apply management strategies and best practices for health care finance, human resources, and materials allocation decisions to improve health care delivery and patient outcomes.
• Apply evidence-based management strategies and best practices for resourcing health care services.
• Describe management and accountability tools and procedures used to manage health delivery services and patient outcomes.
2. Competency 4: Apply professional standards of moral, ethical, and legal conduct in professional practice.
• Apply legal and professional standards for resourcing outpatient services.
3. Competency 5: Communicate in manner that is consistent with the expectations of a nursing professional.
• Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and current APA style.
Preparation: Refer to the Internet for supplemental resources to help you complete this assessment.
Instructions: Deliverable: Develop one component of an evidence-based resourcing plan.
Scenario: The hospital leadership team has already allocated the major capital expenditures for the heart failure clinic, such as the facility, legal services, IT, and security services. However, as a member of the nurse team, you have been asked to develop one component of a resourcing plan for the next leadership meeting.
You may use any combination of documents (for example, a spreadsheet or a table) in addition to explanatory information to convey information clearly and succinctly.
Choose one of the following:
Budget: 1. Apply evidence-based management strategies and best practices for resourcing health care services.
• Identify the business plan budget categories and subcategories (not necessarily the actual cost) to establish a new clinic.
• Start-up expenses.
• Examine fixed and variable costs.
• Capital budget items.
• Examples: salary and benefits, staffing mix, specialized equipment or materials, et cetera.
• Contingency fund and parameters.
Staffing Plan: 2. Apply evidence-based management strategies and best practices for resourcing health care services.
• Identify the disciplines and skill mix needed for appropriate staffing.
• Estimate staffing requirements by discipline and staffing ratios (evidence-based).
• Develop a sample staffing schedule.
• How will you staff to meet corporate diversity goals or the needs of diverse patients?
• Explain how delegation, collaboration, negotiation will affect staffing plan.
• How does a union contract affect the staffing plan or schedule?
• Examine the Nurse Practice Act for your state.
• How does the Nurse Practice Act affect your staffing plan?
3. Apply legal and professional standards for resourcing outpatient services.
• Align your staffing plan to best practices, the Nurse Practice Act for your state, (Florida) scope of practice, and the Joint Commission standards for outpatients.
4. Describe management and accountability tools and procedures used to manage health delivery services and patient outcomes.
• How will you know if staffing is cost-effective?
• How will you know if staffing mix or schedule impacts patient outcomes?
• Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
• APA formatting: Resources and in-text citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
• Length: The plan should be 3 pages in content length, double-spaced.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
• Number of resources: Support your plan with a minimum of three peer-reviewed resources, in addition to professional standards.