Reference no: EM131096993
For this task, you will analyze a public awareness campaign by a nationally or internationally-based nonprofit or government agency such as The American Lung Association, the American Heart Association, United Way, Susan G. Komen, Human Rights, or United Nations Foundation.
Include the following in your analysis paper:
1. Describe briefly the elaboration likelihood model and what it is all about.
2. Discuss how the central and peripheral routes to attitude change promote changes differently.
3. Discuss the different routes to change that are evident in this campaign.
4. Assess your own need for cognition, and discuss whether or not this need is present in this campaign. If so, which route to change is being activated, and why? This is an important consideration, particularly when thinking about your audience and how to change their attitude.
5. Conclude with a discussion on the topic of attitude inoculation and discuss why presenting two sides of an argument may be more effective depending on your audience. Indicate the implications that this has for your writing in graduate school.
Support your paper with at least three research or theoretical articles published in peer-reviewed journals published in the past five years. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 5-7 pages.