Reference no: EM131379716
Discussion: Introduction to Ethics
Length: 300-500 words
Primary Discussion Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300-500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Review the following links:
• Link 1- http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/more-disabled-workers-paid-just-pennies-hour-v19916979
• Link 2- https://nfb.org/fair-wages
Address the following questions in your response:
• Define and apply social contract theory.
o Is it appropriate for organizations like the one in the video to use a U.S. law (Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938) to offer low wages for its disabled workers? Why or why not?
• How does the current treatment of disabled workers from the video contradict with social contract theory?
A minimum of 1 reference should be used to reinforce your thoughts. Be sure to include it both as an in-text citation and on your reference list at the end of your discussion post.
Peer Responses: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply, and consider the following questions:
• Do you agree or disagree with their opinion on the use of a law to impact fair wages? Explain your response.
• What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates' postings?