Debt and equity options in todays economy

Assignment Help Finance Basics
Reference no: EM13729409

Businesses have to make many financial decisions that have a direct impact on operations and the ability to successfully compete in the marketplace. Base your writing on the information from the course coupled with information located in the Strayer databases or Internet.

Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:

1. Assume that you are financial advisor to a business. Describe the advice that you would give to the client for raising business capital using both debt and equity options in today's economy. Outline the major advantages and disadvantages of each option.

2. Summarize the advice that you would give the client on selecting an investment banker to assist the business in raising this capital.

3. Explain the historical relationships between risk and return for common stocks versus corporate bonds. Explain the manner in which diversification helps in risk reduction in a portfolio. Support response with actual data and concepts learned in this course.

4. Use at least one (1) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources. However, you may use data sources, such as Yahoo Finance.

  • Describe the characteristics and valuation of stocks and bonds, and how each is a key component in the financing of corporations.
  • Describe the key elements of the securities markets, and how the markets drive financial transactions, decision making, and risk analysis.
  • Use technology and information resources to research issues in finance.
  • Write clearly and concisely about finance using proper writing mechanics.

Verified Expert

Reference no: EM13729409

Give a definition of auditing

The CEO of your company recently met with the external auditors to discuss the scope of the year's audit. The auditors suggested that they conduct an integrated audit. The C

Explain the effective annual yield

Lifehouse Software has 10 percent coupon bonds on the market with 7 years to maturity. The bonds make semiannual payments and currently sell for 104 percent of par. What is

Bonds make semiannual payments

Stone Sour Corp. issued 27-year bonds 6 years ago at a coupon rate of 9.85 percent. The bonds make semiannual payments. If these bonds currently sell for 111 percent of par

How much will you pay your friend each year

You worked out a deal with your friend to pay the balance off in five equal payments over the next 5 years, plus 10% compound interest on the unpaid balance at the end of ea

Payments for the regular subscription

Your cost of capital is 7%. How many years would you have to live to make the lifetime subscription the better buy? Payments for the regular subscription are made at the beg

The promised and expected rates of return

A new product may be a dud (20% probability), an average seller (70% probability) or dynamite (10% probability). If it is a dud, the payoff will be $20,000; if it is an aver

Finance example - break even analysis

Assume EducateComp knows its fixed expenses are $100,000, its variable costs are  $500 each copy of AlgeComp, and they must to sell 15000 copies of AlgeComp to  break even t

Time value of money-loan amortization schedule

Mary has decided to borrow $120,000. The terms of the loan are 6% over the next 4 years. Prepare a loan amortization schedule which shows the 4 payments of Mary's loan.

Reviews

Write a Review

 
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd