>> Term Paper
Assignment 1: Current Events and U.S. Diplomacy
Write three- (3) pages that address the following:
- Define presidential doctrine and summarize the regional or global events during the Cold War leading up to the formation of the presidential doctrine you wrote about in Assignment 1.
- Select one country you wrote about in Assignment 1 and describe the Cold War relationship that existed between the country you selected and the U.S. before the presidential doctrine was announced.
- Describe the relationship that currently exists between the U.S. and the country you selected in section (2) above.
- Describe the effect that the presidential doctrine has had on regional or global affairs since it was announced during the Cold War.
- Assess whether or not the presidential doctrine you wrote about in Assignment 1 doctrine had had the intended effect of altering the behavior of the country you selected in section (2) above since the doctrine was first announced.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Assignment 2 (discussion) Note – total 2 page
"Divorcing America" Please respond to the following:
- Elaborate on what mean when they say that most European countries have “divorced America.”
- Explain the main reasons Europe has withdrawn from a close relationship with the U.S.
- What would have to happen, in your opinion, for Europe and the United States to become closer again?
"The Rise of China" Please respond to the following:
- Describe the principal effects of China’s increasing prosperity on U.S./China relations.
- Is the rise of China a good thing or a bad thing for the U.S.? Explain your answer.