>> Other Subject
Assignment - VPN Network Design for Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) network and VPN services
Purpose of the assessment (with ULO Mapping) This assignment assesses the following Unit Learning Outcomes; students should be able to demonstrate their achievements in them.
- Describe architectural VPN design for small, medium and large businesses and corporations
- Report on the health of the existing VPN architecture, solution, data, application, and technology
- Discuss the appropriate security design and solutions for varieties of organisations
- Report on the current and future state of the management of VPN infrastructure and its technologies
- Interpret a roadmap process to transform the VPN architecture to support long- term organisations' goals
- Implement a process to support the administration and the management of VPN
There are two parts to this assignment, i.e. part A and part B.
A. Investigate, design and develop a suitable VPN network for an SME by addressing the following criteria. See detailed instruction in the next section. 25 marks
B. Presentation 5 marks
Only one report for part A and one presentation slide for part B per group should be submitted. As this is a Group Assignment make sure the contribution made by each student is clearly mentioned in the front page of the report. Each student in the group must make sufficient contribution. The report must be properly formatted and have a table of contents.
Part A description:
There are two sites existed in different Australian cities that belong to the same organization, where you need to consider for this VPN network design in this assignment. This is in addition to remote users who should be able to access their work from the company site while travelling.
1. Design a network for this SME
2. Build VPN services for the users Report must include:
- Scopes and Limitations
- Requirements (Network parts and VPN service parts)
- Solution Design
a. Logical Design
b. Physical Design
c. Network Topologies
d. IP addressing
e. Security features and Policies
f. Redundancy and Failover plans
g. VPN service Deployment and implementation
- Refer the sample document included in below for network design, and consider how to deploy and implement relevant VPN services onto the network. You need to choose the right type of VPNs and protocols that satisfy the requirements for remote and branch to branch connectivity.