Reference no: EM131316595
Assignment - VoIP Part 2 Gantt charts and PERT charts
Update the Microsoft Project file you created in Assignment: VoIP Part 2 (Work Breakdown Structure) with the following changes:
Set property values to denote progress in at least fifteen (15) of the line items.
Set properties so that at least one (1) of the main tasks is behind schedule.
Create a Gantt chart for your project.
Take a screenshot of the Gantt chart which can later be inserted into your written paper.
Create a PERT diagram that identifies the critical path.
Take a screenshot of the PERT chart which can later be inserted into your written paper.
Note: If you need a tutorial on taking a screen shot, visit one of the following locations: (PC users: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/) (MAC users: http://binged.it/1xriOcN).
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Compare and contrast the information that one receives from a Gantt chart, versus that of a PERT diagram.
2. Examine the advantages of using a Gantt chart over a PERT chart and vice versa. Determine when it is appropriate to use one over the other. Justify your response.
3. Assess the importance of the critical path in project management.
4. Insert the screenshots of the Gantt and PERT charts you created based on the provided criteria. Elaborate on the status of the VoIP deployment project based on the updated information. Note: The graphical representations do not count toward the overall page requirement.
5. Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment.