Reference no: EM13801268
Case Study : The Four Functions of Management.
Students will read the case study that focuses on the four functions of management: planning, organizing, leading and controlling (P-O-L-C). You have been hired as a consultant to help Carl Thomas and his family to solve the problems with his business. You will create a management plan that covers the four functions of management. In creating the management plan, you must also demonstrate how the four functions of management are interrelated showing how issues in one function impact other functions.
In speaking with Carl, Joe and John, you already know the following about the business owners:
1. failed to develop or share a mission statement;
2. failed to determine the best way to organize resources, including personnel;
3. underestimates the importance of recruitment, job design and descriptions, and training;
4. assumed that motivation will occur naturally;
5. fails to define standards and other measurable outcomes;
6. ignored negative information;
7. delayed actions to improve organizational outcomes.