Reference no: EM13794657 , Length:
Essay 1. Consider 1) a team in a typical college course and 2) a team in an organization that hopes to make significant improvements to their organization over the next two years.
For each option, provide a method of rating individual team members so that you can maximize equity, outcomes, ethics, professionalism, and respect cultural differences. Pay particular attention to optimal outcomes while limiting the use of resources (time, money, and people) and achieving original objectives.
Provide a formal paper of at least 300 words, using business writing, and at least one external quality reference and citation.
Note that business writing would still have a title page, double spacing, short sentences, more headings that are numbered, and shorter paragraphs.
Essay 2. Assume that you are a manager within an organization and a leader of a multicultural team spread across four countries, with tight deadlines. Many of your members report to executives in different divisions and departments. Considering the learning from our two textbooks of this week, outline how you might achieve positive outcomes. Pay particular attention to specific leadership and management approaches that can draw on influence, networks, social links, and cross-departmental associations.
Provide a formal paper of at least 300 words, using business writing, and at least two external quality references and citations.
Note that business writing would still have a title page, double spacing, short sentences, more headings that are numbered, and shorter paragraphs. Provide citations and references to our textbooks and at the least two other respected external resources that you found it useful.
Leanings for the week:
1) Implementing a plan that will enable change by achieving control through risk management, enhanced communication and the provision of quality resources for all associated with project teams and groups.
2) Communicating project progress to stakeholders.
3) Identifying needs for corrective action, obtaining approvals, performing appropriate actions and evaluating effectiveness.
4) Obtaining final acceptance of deliverables and performance reviews from appropriate stakeholders.
5) Ensuring individual integrity and professionalism by adhering to legal requirements and ethical standards.