Reference no: EM131227386
Managing Growth - General Guidelines
- This case is a part of the PDF attached to the Learning Module Page. Read the case carefully, at least twice.
- This is the cover page of your case report. Word-process your case report within this template. Do not change the header or footer. They contain course number, term, name of case and page number, which are all required.
- Use 12-point regular Times Roman font and 1.5-line spacing.
- Use Equation Editor (Insert/ Object/ Microsoft Equation) to word-process formulas, if required for the case.
- Use Excel for graphs and Drawing Tool in Word for diagrams, if required for the case.
- Do minimal rounding at intermediate steps (use at least four significant digits). Round off the final answers appropriately.
- Create a single Word document by pasting all your Excel work into this Word document.
- Answer the questions given below in preparing your report for the case. Do not use the questions given at the end of the case.
- Your comments must relate directly to the case. General comments are not expected.
Analysis of the Case
- Contrast and compare the supply chains required for the private label eBags and those drop-shipped directly from the manufacturers. Answer in the context of the case. General answers are not expected. (100-200 words)
- If eBags were to enter the footwear business, what new supply chain management capabilities would be required compared to the present eBags market? Answer in the context of the case. General answers are not expected. (100-200 words)
- If eBags were to enter the European market for luggage, what challenges does this present for supply chain management? Answer in the context of the case. General answers are not expected. (100-200 words)
- From a business perspective, what decisions should Jon Nordmark make regarding the European expansion and the footwear markets? What is the best way for eBags to leverage its strengths and profit from the continued growth of e-commerce? Answer in the context of the case. General answers are not expected. (100-200 words)
- Include any additional supporting documentation here. If you did any analysis in Excel, copy and paste your output as one of the Appendices.