Reference no: EM13312489
The project manager on a project to construct a flyover in the city to ease traffic congestion. Flyover construction should cause minimum disruption to the traffic until it is complete. Ensuring safety of the commuters and workers at the site is the responsibility of your company. The date of completion of the project is six months from now. This date cannot be extended because of an upcoming international summit in the city.
To achieve theoverall project time lines, the following milestones must be achieved:
· Identifying a temporary alternate route and making it ready for the commuters—within two weeks of the project start
· Getting a final approval for the design and layout of the flyover, including a structural analysis—within four weeks of the project start
· Completing all construction activities by the end of the fifth month
· Cleaning up the construction infrastructure and finishing and painting the flyover by the end of five months and two weeks
· Opening the flyover for a trial in the third week of the sixth month and gathering feedback
· Placing traffic signs—entry and exit—in the fourth week of the sixth month
You have to acquire resources for the project. What type of resources will you require to successfully execute the project?
Out of the factors that influence decisions on acquiring human resources, which factors do you consider to be the most decisive in the choice of human resources for this project?