Reference no: EM132234589
Assignment - How are below amounts calculated? Please assist with calculations.
Alpha Company had the following information for FY 2017:
Work in Process - 1/1/17 100,000 units
Units Started into Production 575,000 units
Work in Process - 12/31/17 75,000 units
Direct Material put into Production $575,000
Conversions Costs put into Production $843,750
The beginning work in process was 100% complete as to direct materials and 75% complete as to conversion costs.
The ending work in process was 100% complete as to direct materials and 50% complete as to conversion costs.
The beginning work in process consisted of:
Direct Material $100,000
Conversion Costs $112,500
Alpha Company uses the weighted-average method. Use this information to determine for FY 2017: (Round & enter final answers to: the nearest whole dollar for total dollar answers, nearest penny for unit costs or nearest whole number for units)
1. the equivalent units of production for direct materials.
2. the cost per equivalent unit for materials.
3. the equivalent units of production for conversion.
4. the cost per equivalent unit for conversion.
5. the cost that should be assigned to Alpha' work in process inventory at the end of FY 2017.