Reference no: EM131198776
1. What is the difference between competitive strategy and business strategy?
2. Describe the strategy of striving to be the industry's overall low cost provider. What does a company have to do to achieve low-cost provider status?
3. What market conditions and circumstances make a low-cost provider strategy attractive? What are the pitfalls in pursuing a low-cost provider strategy-what can go wrong?
4. What are the pros and cons of a broad differentiation strategy?
5. What are the distinctive features of a broad differentiation strategy? Under what circumstances is a broad differentiation strategy appealing?
6. What are the distinctive features of a best-cost provider strategy? Under what circumstances is a best-cost provider strategy appealing?
7. What are the distinctive features of a focused low-cost strategy? How does it differ from a low-cost leadership strategy?
8. What are the distinctive features of a focused differentiation strategy? How is it different from a broad differentiation strategy?
9. Describe the two basic cost-reducing approaches a company can take to become a low-cost provider in its industry.
10. What type of competitive advantage does a best-cost provider strategy aim at achieving? Explain what a company has to do to achieve this advantage.
11. Explain how the strategic target of a low-cost provider differs from the strategic target of a best-cost provider.
12. Explain how the marketing emphasis of a low-cost provider differs from the marketing emphasis of a differentiation strategy.