>> Strategic Management
- Outline overall financial performance (a table with key figures/ratios) and comment on performance
- Quantify and trend the portfolio
- What are the key issues/challenges/opportunities faced by the Company?
b. Competitive Environment
- Define your Arena/Industry/Market
- If data is available quantify by revenue/units and show trends
- Comment on competitors, customers
- What are the key issues/challenges/opportunities in the Competitive Environment? Company Strategy Applications (200 words maximum per application)
Manual Section 6 and Grant Chapters 2,5,11,12,13,14,15 and Unilever Case A.
- 200 words maximum per application plus Labeled Diagrams and Tabulations
- Apply one concept/approach to your selected Company
- Apply a different concept/approach to Unilever Concepts/Approaches to select from:
- Value Statements
- Analysing and Developing Resources & Capabilities
- Portfolio Analysis (select one portfolio grid)
- Mergers and Acquisition
- Strategic Alliances
- Vertical Integration
Competitive Environment Applications (200 words maximum per application)
Cream consider Unilever Case B and a Euromonitor Country Report. You can also refer to other sources.
- 200 words maximum per application plus Labelled Diagrams and Tabulations
- Apply one concept/approach to a Competitive Environment of your choice
- Apply a different concept/approach to Ice Cream Concepts/Approaches to select from:
- The Arena Map
- The Profit Pool Map
- The Five Forces
- Strategic Groups
- Strategic Imperatives/Key Success Factors
- Competitor Analysis
- Scanning and Screening the Wider Environment
Preview Container content
Table of Contents
1. Background of the Companies and the Industries 2
Competitive Environment 3
2. Strategy Applications for the Companies 4
3. Competitive Environment Applications on the Companies 5
This paper will focus on providing a brief on the background of the company and the industry, while discussion will be created on the applications of company strategy and the applications of competitive environment in context with a company, Ice Cream and Unilever.
1. Background of the Companies and the Industries Company
The company of Unilever had been formed in the year 1885 by Lever Brothers, based in Britain, pioneered by paternalistic policies and branded soap. In the year 1999, the company was known to be having a portfolio consisting of 1600 brands (Mulcaster 2009). There were only four brands having international sales exceeding 1 billion Euro, while more than 1,000 brands was responsible for generating only 8 per cent of the total sales in the company. The company is known to be following the compass strategy having four winning pillars in the year 2012 that include winning with innovation and brands, winning within the market platform, winning by improving continuously, and winning with individuals (Gareth 2013).