Communicating with a Cross-Cultural Workforce
Using the Internet, research about audience analysis and appropriate oral and written communication for an audience.
You have been recently promoted as junior vice president of human resources at your organization. You need to prepare your first presentation on appropriate communication to a group of twenty newly-hired employees for their orientation. The profile of the group is as follows:
- There are fifteen entry-level hires with no corporate experience, of which five have no job experience whatsoever.
- There are five upper-level hires, of whom three hold higher designations than yours and whose ages range between seventeen to fifty-five years.
- Of these twenty, six are Hispanic, two are Asian, two are African-American, and ten are Caucasian.
- Sixty percent of the group is women.
- There are two disabled employees, one of whom has a hearing disability while the other uses a wheelchair.
Perform an audience analysis while planning your presentation. Ensure that you consider issues such as arrangement of the room, content and length of the presentation, and handouts and visual aids.
You are required to submit the following:
- Audience analysis
- PowerPoint presentation
- Audience handouts
- Notes on their observations about room, content and length of the presentation, and visual aids you plan to use
Place your audience analysis, audience handout information, and notes in a 5- to 7-page Microsoft Word document.
Support your responses with relevant examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.