Reference no: EM13768155
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 2: Challenges in the Global Business Environment
In addition to the recorded video, you must also create a presentation using PowerPoint (or other equivalent software) summarizing the important changes and explanations regarding the code of conduct that you communicated in your video presentation to email to the suppliers after the meeting for future reference.
You must submit both parts of the assignment to receive full credit.
Part 1: Video Presentation OR Paper
Prepare and present a video that is a maximum of five to seven (5-7) minutes OR write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. List specific changes that Apple has made to its Code of Conduct in recent years. Provide at least one (1) example of each change.
2. Explain the identified changes to the suppliers in such a way that they will understand the standards that Apple requires in order to maintain their relationship with the company.
Part 2: PowerPoint Presentation
Create a six to eight (6-8) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
1. Summarize Apple's Supplier Responsibility information.
2. Discuss Apple's stance on each of the following areas:
a. Empowering workers
b. Labor and Human Rights
c. Health and Safety
d. The Environment
1. Identify the key ways that Apple's Progress Report has changed since last year.
2. Examine the manner in which Apple's Supplier Code of Conduct helps the organization operate as a socially responsible organization.
3. Provide detailed speaker notes of what you would say if you were delivering the presentation.
4. Submit a reference page with at least two (2) quality references that you have used for this presentation / paper.
Your PowerPoint presentation must follow these formatting requirements:
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and three to four (3-4) relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from 18 feet away.
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment. The title and reference slides are not included in the required slide length.
If you choose the written paper, your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the influences of changing economic, political, social, cultural, and technological forces on business and society.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics.