Reference no: EM13888791
Case- Legal and Profitable? Spotify: The Challenges of an Online Music Service, by Joelle BISSONNETTE and Professor Eric BRUNELLE
• Product or Service?
• If product: Product, Price, Place, Promotion (Consider whether consumer/industrial goods, durability of product,...)
• At what stage of the product life cycle is this market? Are we dealing with a new product category or a mature and well-established one?
• If service: what is the process of delivery? What are the qualifications of the service staff (in direct contact with customers)?
• How large is the market for the product/service? Is it growing or shrinking?
• What are the major forces influencing demand for this product/service?
• Is demand of product/service consistent over time? Does the demand fluctuate sharply or in response to temporal or cyclical factors?
• Can the organization satisfy the demand in the market?
• Who are the competitors serving this market and what are their market shares? How and why have these shares been changing over time?
• Are customers loyal to your product/brand?
• How is the market for this product/service segmented?
• What are the demographic characteristics of customers and potential customers in this market? Consider customer's willingness to pay.
• Are there any major customer needs or wants which are not currently being satisfied?
• Is it difficult for customers to switch from your product to competitor's products?
• How closely does the product/service match the need of the market?
• How well do the activities of the organization drive demand?
• How well do the activities of the organization ensure that the product/service is available to the customer at the moment and location of need?
• How would you rate the after-sales service and/or warranty services of the organization?
Collaborators and External Relationships:
• What types of relationships exist? Duration? For what services?
• Whose strengths best complement those of the organization?
• How will each partner benefit from a strategic alliance?
• What are the risks & rewards of collaboration?