Reference no: EM131406373
Review the instructions for the Final Paper in Week Five of your online course or in the "Components of Course Evaluation" section of this course guide. Choose a topic for your Final Paper and begin your research by creating an annotated bibliography.
Select and analyze one of the following topics:
- Describe phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, and phonetics in a dialect or a language.
- Analyze how language changes over long periods of time and the use of human languages for communication between computers and people.
- Explain how language is processed in the brain, and acquired by children.
List at least six scholarly resources (three of which should be found in the Ashford University Library)that will be used in your Final Paper. State and explain the limitations and strengths of the sources. Analyze the credibility of each source. Give an overview of the content of the source, and state which types of researchers might find the source useful.
The Ashford University Library offers a variety of resources for students researching topics in applied linguistics.
- The library suggests the best databases for searching for articles and ebooks on specific topics in linguistics.
- The Linguistics Subject Guide highlights some of the best resources for research in the field of linguistics, including databases relevant to linguistics research, dictionaries and encyclopedias, journals, ebooks, and web resources
- The tip sheet "Using Ebooks in your Research" provides information for students who want to expand their research beyond shorter articles and web sources.
Remember that librarians are available 24/7 by phone, e-mail, and chat. Quick links and information about accessing the librarians and library resources can be found on the Ashford University Library home page.
Before beginning the annotated bibliography, it is recommend that you review the information about annotated bibliographies found in The Ashford Writing Center. You can view a sample annotated bibliography here.
The Annotated Bibliography
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student's name
o Course name and number
o Instructor's name
o Date submitted
- Must use at least six scholarly resources (at least two of which can be found in the Ashford University Library) other than the textbook to support your claims and subclaims. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page. For information regarding sample Annotated Bibliographies, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar, in your online course.
o The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.