Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Sample Essay on Culling Kangaroos, Essay Writing Help, Live Essay Specialist
Essay Writing - Report Writing
>> Sample Essay Culling Kangaroos
We at ExpertsMind have essay specialist who offer perfect essay writing help for any topics. They have years of experience in writing essay in different format like APA style, Intext style and other styles accordingly. They are familiar with different styles of essay writing in different universities. Get help with essay writing from love online essay specialist at ExpertsMind.
Sample Essay on CULLING KANGAROOS
To begin with, Kangaroos are often regarded as part of the group termed as macropods, which encompasses huge marsupials, wallaroos and wallabies. Kangaroos are normally considered as one of the most distinguishing and extraordinarily preferred symbol of Australia and also as a mascot of several associations and football teams throughout the globe. In Australia, Kangaroo signifies the renowned Australian football and rugby team named Kanga. The Kangaroo’s inimitable structure and movement towards locomotion, hopping instead of walking, has categorized this animal as a novelty in several international countries. They have a number of distinctive features for an animal so familiar i.e. the famous hop, marsupial pouch for young ones, incapability to walk backwards, four fingers and no thumb.
Some people consider them as pest animals which compete for pastures and eat endangered species of grass and thereby hampering both economic as well human activities and indirectly harming the surroundings in which we live. Millions of kangaroos are hunted and killed yearly for leather and meat that to with consent of local government and this is termed as kangaroo culling or harvesting. Animal culling is defined as a process which involves careful deletion of animals so as to make sure that the others can exist contentedly and the spread of diseases is curtailed to large extent. Animal culling is often practiced whenever there is overpopulation of animals of particular species. Moreover, it should be made sure that culling is done in restricted amount as it can also result in wildlife being endangered or extinct. According to Dr Graeme Coulson, who is a senior lecturer in zoology at the University of Melbourne and a Kangaroo ecologist, initially the number of kangaroos per square km was 100 and it was considered to be an indication of danger but now the number has crossed 200. If this increasing number of kangaroos is not controlled, the country will get overgrazed and which will ultimately lead to extensive plant biodiversity loss and extensive land degradation which is again not perceived to be a healthy condition. Moreover, trapped inside the 18-metre electric railing that outlines the 45,000 hectare location, the kangaroos have over multiplied, over eaten and discarded the foundation of its inhabitant grasses. However, a three months permit has been granted to the department of defence by the department of natural resources and environment (DNRE) to harvest the kangaroos. Additionally, RSPCA has strongly supported the culling of kangaroos and bring to light the fact that thousands of kangaroos are in bad condition currently mainly due to the scarcity of food because of drought in the area.
Moving ahead, the Australian government has been on the continuous verge of executing various strategies throughout the country by means of which the kangaroo’s population can be culled. The killing of kangaroos will also prevent destruction of Australia’s ecology, overpopulation or any other related troubles. Moreover, the recent years have witnessed a sharp protest of the people on the programs executed by the government. The people have shown their discontentment with respect to the culling of kangaroos on various grounds. Firstly, they think killing of animals is atrocious. Secondly, kangaroo being a national symbol their killing signifies a national shame. The people have even endeavored to protect the kangaroos by asserting autonomy over the territory being utilized by the armed forces. Therefore, considering the high extent of objection, the government decided to pin down the stratagems to kill 400 kangaroos surviving on a deserted location close to the capital of Australia. Apart from this, various other plans projected for culling kangaroos have also been postponed or stopped due to severe protest. Moving ahead, protest by the people has given way to several questions namely; To what extent does Australia recognizes its responsibility to prevent and cope up with this situation? Are Kangaroos really leading to the extinction of ecosystems, habitat and species? Is it possible to conduct culling caringly? Are they threatening the populated lands? Are they eating a large amount of human crops and increasing the cost for the Australian farmers? Do they attack human beings very often? Is the damaging of kangaroos habitat resulting in severe soil erosion? To what extent the kangaroos are responsible for car accidents? Is it a better choice to allow Kangaroo populations augment to the level at which resources are so exhausted that Kangaroos have nothing to eat and consequently die? Is killing Kangaroos in the head a civilized alternative among the other prevailing options? Are there any options that must be well thought-out prior to harvesting Kangaroos, like unnatural feeding, sterilization of Kangaroos and lastly, shifting Kangaroo population to other areas located in Australia? What is the impact of Kangaroo killing on Australia's sagacity of the Kangaroo being a national symbol? Does culling has pessimistic impinge on the tourism industry? To what extent culling destroys indigenous traditions and chronological associations with the Kangaroo?
Analyzing the incessant escalating population of kangaroos, it seems that that the government will prolong to lay emphasis on culling and that dissenters will still aggressively fight against the culling. It seems that this dispute will persist well in the coming years also on the view that whether Kangaroo culling is correct or not.
Facts related to culling kangaroos
• Kangaroos are disturbing the habitat of the rare lizards and distinct species including golden sun moth, the grassland earless dragon and the striped legless lizard.
• Increasing population of kangaroos is resulting in deficiency of food in their territories and Australian crops are the main source of their continuation. Therefore, to protect farmer’s crops and to augment their production and revenue culling is essential.
• The lands where kangaroos normally graze are affected by issues like soil erosion and unwanted overflow into farms lands.
• The recent studies bring to light the fact that the kangaroos have been attacking people residing in Australia on regular basis. They being stronger then human beings often indulge in serious fights and sometimes even result in death. They are also responsible for a majority of car accidents.
• The culling of kangaroos will not influence the tourist much as it would bring down their population from over-populated level to regular population level.
• It is highly believed that the culling is not to eradicate kangaroo population instead it is to make there population manageable in Australia. Additionally, it is also perceived that national symbols hold utmost value but they should not come in the way of national interests of the country.
• Translocation of kangaroos to some other location in Australia is not a good option as it endangers veracity of their new habitat, locates them in menacing surroundings, sometimes even traumatizes them and lastly, involves a lot of cost.
• Kangaroo culling basically involves shooting them in the head. They are also like us and can very well feel the pain. Moreover, if shooting is taking place in jam-packed locations, it can also hinder the security of people living there.
• Culling kangaroos is a very cruel action when there exists other options to control the situation. Alternatives like translocation sometimes have negative affect on the kangaroos but it is better than mercilessly killing them.
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.