Construction 7: Draw two circles Kith centres 7.4 cm apart and radii 2.5 cm and 2 cm respectively. Draw their indirect common tangents.
Steps of Construction:
1. Draw a line segment OO' = 7.4 cm.
2. With O as centre and radius r = 2.5 cm, draw a circle C(O, r). With O' as centre and radius r' = 2 cm, drawn the circle C(O', r').
3. Bisect OO' at M. With M as centre and radius OM = 1/2 OO', draw a circle C(M, 1/2 OO').
4. With O' as centre and radius = r + r' = 4.5 cm, draw the circle C(O', r + r'), meeting the circle C(M, 1/2 OO') in P and Q;
5. Join O'P and O'Q, cutting C(O', r') at T and T.
6. Draw OS || O'T and OR || OT, meeting C(O, r) at Sand R respectively.
7. Join RT and ST Then, RT and ST are the required transverse tangents.
Live Math Experts: Help with Indirect Common Tangents Assignments - Homework
Expertsmind.com offers help with Indirect Common Tangents assignment and homework in mathematics subject. Experts mind’s math experts are highly qualified and experienced and they can solve your complex Indirect Common Tangents math problems within quick time. We offer email based assignment help –homework help service in all math topics including Indirect Common Tangents .
Math Online Tutoring: Indirect Common Tangents
We at Expertsmind.com arrange instant online tutoring session in Indirect Common Tangents math topic. We provide latest technology based whiteboard where you can take session just like live classrooms. Math experts at expertsmind.com make clear concepts and theory in Indirect Common Tangents Math topic and provide you tricky approach to solve complex Indirect Common Tangents problems.