1. BACKGROUND OF BIPOLAR
2. DISEASE SPREADING ROOTS (TRIGGERS)
4. INVESTIGAION & EXAMINATION
1. BACKGROUND OF BIPOLAR:
- Before step into bipolar disorder in detail one should answer to the question what is bipolar disorder? It is a mental disorder which is full of mood shifts, up and downs in energy level of the particular person and their level of exposure (that is activity). Having bipolar disorder will make them to feel difficult to complete each and every thing (may be their work, activity and tasks).
- This can be otherwise called as manic-depressive illness. (refer wilipedia.org)
- There will be a drastic variation in mood - from depression to mania. Usually moods will be in between peaks and troughs.
- The mood fluctuation will be beyond our imagination. Unfortunately, it is much more severe, harder and incapacitating
- Happily, it is treatable. After treatment with appropriate care and right medications , definitely that particular person will recover thoroughly where they can score better and challenge the others
- As a consequence, one should face serious mental illness which will demolish their skill, career and it will definitely deteriorate their achievement in studies
- In some extent, this emotional shift makes the patient to attempt suicide.
- A study in United States about bipolar disorder reveal that 2.9 percent of peoples in America are diagnosed with bipolar disorder and in that more than half of them were aged in between 15 to 25. (refer www.psychguides.com)
- The ratio or percentage of affected males and females are in an equal range.
2. DISEASE SPREADING ROOTS (TRIGGERS):
- The exact root was not yet found. There are number of factors that work together to make a person more likely to develop that particular condition. It is believed that the causes are the blend of chemical, environmental and social factors.
(i). Mood imbalance: It is widely believed that due to the chemical imbalance in the brain, it happens. There's some evidence that if there is an imbalance in the level of neuron transmitters (includes nonadrenaline, serotonin and dopamine) a person may develop symptoms of bipolar disease. (Courtesy to YouTube)
- For instance one gets affected by mania when the level of non adrenaline goes high. On the other hand there will be a depression when non adrenaline level goes down.
(ii). GENETICS: somebody thinks that bipolar disorder get correlate with genetics that is the flow of the disorder will be more in families. Undoubtedly, it will increase the risk of getting bipolar when one of the family members gets affected. (iii). CIRCUMSTANCE: A stressful circumstance or situation often enhances the symptoms. It includes
-break up in relationship,
-physical, sexual or emotional abuse
- Absence/ death of the intimate one
- Sometimes it will occur due to loss of sleep, physical illness and may be because of problems faced in daily routine like money, work load etc. (k12 education)
Here it is categorised into emotional and physical symptoms.
- Emotional symptoms will vary from person to person. Emotional symptoms of depression includes
(i) Thoughts of committing suicide
(ii) Loss of interest to participate in activities which gives joy
(iii) Totally feel emptiness in expressing feelings
(iv) Feelings of guilt consciousness
(v) Feelings of hopelessness
(ix) Excessive energy
-just like emotional symptoms the physical symptoms will also not remain the same. It will vary from one person to the another. It includes
(i) Decrease in energy level or fatigue.
(ii) Head ache, body ache, pain, cramps or digestive problems
(iii) Showing difficulty while taking decisions, remembering things or while concentrating
(iv) Loss of appetite or over eating
(v) Excessive sleeping or insomnia
(vi) Always jump from one idea to another, never will have fixed idea
(vii) Easily get distracted
(viii) Hyper sexuality
Henceforth in both the cases the patient could not distinguish between reality and fantasy. Their feelings may be false but strong towards their thought.
Whereas in children it will rapidly change their moods, burst out of anger, and reckless behaviour.
Here it is very much important to ponder that this disorder is completely curable by giving proper care in order to eliminate the disorder completely.
4. INVESTIGATION AND EXAMINATION:
Well, the diagnosis will be done by either psychiatrists and can also be reported by household members, intimate friends, colleagues
- First and foremost the person has to appear for blood and urine test. Thereby physical investigation done
- Secondly, a series of diagnostic tests will be done.
There are three broader categories (types) of bipolar disorder
(i) Bipolar I disorder: otherwise known as mania or a mixed episode. This is the main- depressive form of the illness, characterized by at least one manic episode or mixed episode.
(ii) Bipolar II disorder: it can also be called as hypomania and depression. It involves episodes of hypomania and severe depression
(iii) Cyclothymiacs: it is the hypomania and mild depression. It is a milder form of bipolar disorder that constitutes mood swings cycle. However, the symptoms are less severe than depression. (Full- blown mania). (refer webmed.com)
6. SOLUTION: Dealing and healing bipolar will always be the toughest task.
- It takes prolonged period to recover. Since it is a chronic, one has to continue treatment even they feel better.
- Preference will always be given to treatment, care than medication. Treatment of bipolar involves the combination of medication, care, therapy, change in living style and either moral or social support.
- It will increase the chance of recovery when expert or experienced professional (psychiatrist) work with us. Otherwise situation will become miserable. Because an expert is the only one person having the tendency to navigate these twists and turns.
Even though this bipolar disorder cause adverse effects, patient can recover fully. In order attain betterment the person should follow certain things as follows
v Be calm and co-operate with your expert
v Try to communicate when the treatment goes on
v Strictly follow medication in an appropriate manner (by myself)